Catching My Breath

Phew!  Have I had an insane couple past weeks!  In three weeks I have gone to two weddings, a funeral, a memorial service, a banquet, had a midterm exam (that was one week), done a few photo-shoots, filmed a video, seen a play oh yeah and this Tuesday I finally got my permit!
I feel as though sometimes I bite off way more than I can chew, but then at the same time, I love being occupied constantly with things to do.  My youth pastor's acronym for being "busy" is Burdened Under Satan's Yoke, and although this can sometimes be true, being "busy" is not always bad.
I love this example:  Picture a jar (this represents our life).  If we put a bunch of pebbles (school, friends, sports and other time consuming activities), into the jar before we put in the big rocks (our time spent with God), then there won't be any room left over in the jar for the big rocks.  But when we put the big rocks into the jar first, then all the pebbles will fit.  When we put God, and our relationship with Him, absolutely first in our life, then everything else will fall into place and will go according to His will.
I know how overwhelming school and work can be at times, but remember that when God is number one in our lives, He gives us the strength that we need to get through each day.  All we have to do is rely on Him.

Nehemiah 8:10 "Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is our strength." 

                                                                   Taylor Wedding
Varey Wedding
Look out California, this blondie just got her permit!



1 comment: