Gifts

    Have you ever noticed that you are better at some things than others? Or that there are one or two things that you do naturally, that other people struggle with?  Well, this is because God has given you gifts. By gifts, do you mean presents? No, I mean that you have a special talent.   Maybe you have an artistic talent, like me, or you have the gift of compassion, or kindness.
     The reason that God gave you this gift, or talent, is for you to use it to glorify Him.  For example, I have the gift of encouragement.  I use my gift to lift up others and to show my love for God through that.
I also have the gift of evangelism.  Meaning I have a heart for the lost, those who do not know or have a relationship with Christ.  One way I use the gift that God has blessed me with is by witnessing or evangelizing to people by talking to them or by handing them a track.  And not only do you have one gift, but many. You are very blessed indeed with these gifts.
    Like I asked before, do you have any talents? Are you artistic, or a dancer, can you sing, or play an instrument?  Well, not only can you use your gifts for God's glory, but your talents as well.  My 10 year old sister is an amazing ballet dancer and she attends dance class at a Christian dance studio.  The company twice a year puts on recitals / plays all to Christian praise songs. In this way Tatum, my sister,  uses her talent and worships the Lord through dancing.
Another example is how I play the guitar, and sometimes lead worship in my youth group.
Not only are you meant to glorify and worship God with your gifts, but also to serve him. God may be preparing you for whatever he wants you to do when you are older.
    After reading all of this please be thinking about... what your gifts are.
    

10 comments:

  1. Hey!!!
    Love this post... you're awesome!
    By the way, when are you going to be back? Miss you guys... say hi to your family and give yourself a hug for me!!! Cassie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :D
    I'll be back-I'll see you on November 11, so come to church that day!!!
    Thanks for the hug-I needed it!
    ,Becca :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to be there!!! Can't wait... every Sunday Pastor Shane reminds us to be praying for you guys. Looooove ya! Cassie

      Delete
  3. You are such an amazing young lady and I thank the Lord for you each day. Keep up the great blogs! I love them.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Becca! Like your post!! Guess what? Christine, Peyton and Andra went to Disneyland on Thursday+Friday!! I went to SeaWorld yesterday! Missing you... can't wait for November 11!! Luuuvvv you!! -Abby B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen Marcy.... sorry, spelled her name wrong.... sisters in HS... pretty blonde hair!!
    -Abby
    P.S.- I was kind of jealous of them!! (Even though my uncle works there!) Kristen was complaining about how she hadn't been there in two weeks!! :)

    ReplyDelete