The Zoo

Hey everyone!  Can you believe it's already been almost 4 weeks since I arrived in Ecuador?!
      Well we finally went to the "zoo" (an animal reserve / campsite way behind the military base).  We drove through the gate of the military base, parked, then walked about 2 miles to arrive at the "zoo". It was beautiful! We saw a puma, 3 gorgeous cheetah like cats, 2 parrots, a toucan, a boa constrictor all in cages. Then we spotted 4 monkeys on top of the cages, and in the trees. One came about 1 ft away from me! I screamed :D. Haha, because, Hello there was a monkey by my foot!!!  Next time we go we'll need to bring food to feed the monkeys! How cool!!!
    Currently I am sick and  have no energy.  Not fun.  So PLEASE be praying that my dad, me, and many others on the team to feel better!!!  
I'm sure you would all like to see a few pictures of what I've been up to, am I right?
The monkey that came up to me, and made me scream.
  

The puma

It was really pretty!

The parrots! <3

On the way to Shell we stopped at the equator and had a fantastic tour

The mountians we literally covered with houses!
How on earth do you get to your house?!

The bus we rode in from Quito to Shell

We had the privilege of seeing a beautiful rainbow!

Keisi, one of the little girls that I've been watching.

Hannah, Keisi's sister, she's 6.

The wonderful house that we've been living in.
Thank you Williams!!!

     

     

21 comments:

  1. How fun!! Hope you feel better... I'm feeling a little sick too! Praying for you and love you! -Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah... one more thing... what's up with your "My Contact" page? -Abby <3

      Delete
    2. Nothing all it says on there is that my email is:
      beccerboo12@yahoo.com

      Delete
    3. I'll be praying that you feel better too!!!

      Delete
  2. Cool! I would've screamed too if there was a monkey that close to me... hehe! :) Hope you get better soon... Cassie <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better Becca!!! That zoo sounds really cool! Did you get to pet the monkeys or did they run away. I miss you Becca!!! Get well soon. Are you finding ways to keep yourself entertained or are you just sleeping?
    Love you!
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the monkeys ran away, they wouldn't have if I had food though.Haha :D
    I've been mostly watching I Love Lucy, staring at the computer, and thinking about how much I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you sooo much too!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. But i miss you all more!!! I got you all a few Ecuadorian gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Cannot wait to see you!!!! Cassie

      Delete
    2. Nuh-uhh!! We miss you more!! SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!

      Hey... since I love Disneyland, I thought I'd share this with you!!

      http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/10/disneyland-resort-to-feature-cars-land-inspired-float-in-the-124th-rose-parade/

      Sooo lucky your missing all the presidential junk!!
      -Abby

      P.s.- since the web address is kinda long, you might want to copy and paste it. You probably already knew that... but just in case!

      Delete
  6. Only three more weeks!!!! I am so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?!?!? :D -Abby

      Luv ya, Becca, Sadie, and everyone else!!

      Delete
    2. Awwwww you two are sooooooooooo sweet!!! I can't wait to see you too!!!
      Becca :D

      Delete
  7. Sorry... I comment a lot... :D <3 Abby

    L/(:D)(***)( )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine , I enjoy reading all the comments!!!
      Do you have and email???

      Delete
    2. me too!!! Cassie <3

      Delete
  8. Hi becca this is a message for tate I want to tell you
    both I hope you feel better I now it is now fun to be sick still I hope you are having a great day What have you been doing lately?

    ReplyDelete