Ecuadorian Food

So yesterday my family and I went to a city called Puyo and went grocery shopping for the team.  Grocery shopping here in Ecuador is WAY different than shopping in California, because here there is only one brand of each item, whereas in CA there are about 12.  For example, when choosing granola bars at Albertsons, in Temecula, there are no grain, whole grain, nut, no nuts, you get the idea, and here there is only fresca (strawberry) or mora (it's like blackberry mixed with raspberry).  It's a lot different.
This is what I ate for a snack today. (It's an ant)
It had the texture of popcorn, and had the flavor of barbecue chicken.  A leg got stuck in my mom's teeth and the abdomen got stuck on my tooth.  The hard part was just getting it into my mouth, I refused to pick it up so my mom placed it in my mouth for me.  Hehe :b
The ant...

In my mom's mouth
Compared to a pencil, It was really big!!!!


Ewwww it still has legs and antennas!!!

3 comments:

  1. you are SO brave! I can't even imagine hahaha- alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo gross!!! I would never eat something like that! The picture of your mom is funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this is so crazy :) Your so brave I would never eat soemthing like that hehehe :)) http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete