Typography Tips

Quite a few of you have already asked me if I would teach you how I do my different typography sketches so I wanted to show you 3 tips that helped me get started:)

First: practice your alphabet OVER and over again until you are content with what you see. If not, keep practicing! 

Second: when you are writing in cursive, go back and add accents, like shadows, to give each letter more depth.  I've noticed a huge improvement in my cursive when I use this little trick!


Here you can see the difference^^ 

Lastly: try adding details, from polka dots and feathers to flowers and leaves.  This will make your doodles look more finished and add creativity:) 



Like I said before, with tons of practice, typography can get better and better:) I can't guarantee that your practice will make perfect, only perfect practice can do that... and then we have to realize that we are still far from perfection!  But with lots of practice it should get better each time:) 


Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for due season we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
This is actually what my blog name is based off of:) 

Also: if you haven't yet be sure to check out my typography Instagram page @laurel_and_light 



No comments:

Post a Comment