Furious Love

In my last heart to heart post I talked about how true "happiness" and "contentment" are only found in Christ and that there is nothing in this world that can satisfy our desire of these.  But do you ever feel like you need to impress people or the need to be liked by all those around you? Or do you ever feel like you're not good enough and that there's no possible reason that anyone would genuinely love you?  I hope that you wouldn't because I can tell you for a fact that's not true.
With Valentine's Day approaching some of you may be expressing the love that you have for other people, or may be feeling loved by others.  That's great- show your love! Then, there might be some of you that are feeling depressed because once again, you have no "valentine".  This is me.  Every year. (haha:)) Only I don't get depressed; I let God's love rest upon me.

Lately I've been loving this song- Furious Love, by Veridia (check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts_osvAzEhA )

I love these chorus lyrics so much I thought I would base this post off of them:

God you say I'm beautiful, I don't need the world's approval, only you madly pursue me and jealously tell me; I'm worthy of furious love.  



If God loves us, why then do we feel like we need to impress others?

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.  Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man."  Proverbs 3:3-4

It's not a bad thing to want people to like you, but this should not be our first priority.  Our ultimate goal in life needs to be to glorify God.  Not others.  Not ourselves.  God says that we are beautiful (1 Peter 3:3-4)  in His eyes and that He wants a relationship with us (John 15:5).

"Do not let your adorning be external-- the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear-- but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious" 1 Peter 3:3-4
 "I  (Jesus) am the vine; you are the branches.  If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."  John 15:5
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Romans 8:37-39

What a blessing it is to know that we are dearly cherished by the Almighty Creator!! I hope that knowing this would encourage you each day and that resting in His love would strengthen you:).

Happy Valentines Day!!




2 comments:

  1. I love this song! Thanks for the post! I've been feeling kinda down today (not because of no "valentine", haha) so thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Becca! I love that song too. 😊

    ReplyDelete