Being Thoughtful

Do you ever think, "Uhh, I'm so ugly! Especially compared to her!"  or, "I have nothing to wear!  I wish I had that dress!"  I do this often, but thinking these things are not truthful, nor are they glorifying to God.  In Philippians chapter 4 verse 8 it says, "Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things."   Here Paul is telling the people of Philippi  to only think about things that are glorifying to God.  Still a bit confused? Let's take a closer look...
   Is saying or thinking, "I'm ugly," true? Of course not!  You are absolutely beautiful!  Especially in God's eyes! :)  Psalm 139:14 declares, "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works; my soul knows that full well." 
   Is saying, "I have nothing to wear; I wish I had that dress," noble?  In other words is it "grand" or "high-minded"?   No, saying this is being negative, not positive.  So this thought is not what God wants us to be thinking about.  
   Do you think God doesn't know what your thinking about?  Well sorry to burst your bubble, but you're wrong.   Psalm 139:1-2, "Oh Lord!  For you have searched me and know me!  You know when I sit, and when I rise; you discern my thoughts from afar," and later in the chapter David says, "Search me, Oh God, and know my thoughts!  And see if there is any grievous (bad) way in me, and lead me in the way of everlasting!"   [verses 23-24]         So God knows your every move and knows your every thought.  A little creeped out?  You shouldn't be; He is the creator, the King over all.  And he cares about you! :)     Now be aware of your thoughts and if they are glorifying to God.  :) 
Philippians 4:8
 Happy New Year!!!
 


               

8 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!!!!!!!! Thank u sooo much for posting this!!!!!!! i always feel this way! I luv u! c u wednesday! <3 Abby B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with this so much! Thank you Becca!!!! :D Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. its like u read my my mind...jk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw looking at some old posts of urs and saw ur profile picture...who's the adorable baby? That's a really cute picture! :) -Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my 1 yr old cousin, Ivy layne.
      Isn't she adorable!!!!????

      Delete
  5. You're so beautiful Becca!!! (Even if you don't think so;) I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are both soooooooo sweet!!!! I love you both so much and are so thankful that we are friends!!!! :)
      btw: Was this abby or cassie? haha

      Delete